
It was very common as a child, in winter time, to go and visit you everyday, just to spend time sitting by your side to watch your beauty with empty hands and a heart full of joy in return.
As years went by, season by season, winter after winter, I saw you fade with time and couldn't believe that so much beauty someday must die.
One day I decide to run away from me. So I left my hometown and the special place near the lake where your bloom in such beauty every winter.
As I grow old to became selfish and forgot about by roots, but deep inside you where always in my heart. As I spend years traveling looking for a reason to live, you where by my side to calm my sorrow.
The final day came, when a flock of crows flew throw the sky at sunset presaging your last breath. I didn't understood the signals, but something in my heart die that day.
With the last petal that fell to the snow, I felt how the wind turned my tears into ice crystals that drop into the river of sadness.
Now I become realize that I made a promise that couldn't keep, couldn't say how much I love you and didn't say goodbye. Now that your gone, I miss you so much.
Time will reunite us someday my winter snowdrop...
With love, your grandson.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario